Saturday, January 15, 2011

Japanese Fashion Style (Lin Te Kuan)

Fashion is something that can be shared with everyone. Walk on the street in Tokyo, I can find out what clothes, accessories, hair color are in the fashion less than fifteen minutes. But what is really interesting to me is not “everyone is the same” but “everyone is to some extent similar but still has his or her own style.” This is something I find it really cool after I came to Japan.

Though people usually say that Japanese society wants everyone to be the same and thus no one dare to be different, I think this argument is too narrow. Japanese are in some ways really identical, for example, salary men, but that’s not for everyone. In my point of view, even the fashion is this, Japanese young people still remember to put on something else to make them look different. This is quite special to me because I often found that if something is fashion, then everyone is wearing it. Soon I become so tired of watching different people wearing the same clothes. But in Japan I never get tired of seeing anyone wearing anything. Every time I see a kind of clothes on someone, I am always surprised to see that there is another way to wear this kind of clothes. The creativity of Japanese is not on their products but also their taste of wearing clothes.

Japanese girls are mainly well-dressed. No matter where they are going, they always remember to put on a little make up and dress appropriate. But their fashion styles are not all the same. Girls love to wear high heels or low-heeled shoes; girls tend to wear long dresses or miniskirts……etc. At the first sight, I thought they were all the same. But after longer observation, I found that girls are really careful with their own style. They use different accessories or diverse match methods to create their own taste of fashion. Though in the main parts they are similar, but actually, they all have their own characteristics.

Japanese boys are also well-dressed. Though somebody would say that Japanese boys are not man enough, but I feel that Japanese boys are good at showing and dressing themselves. And it is not a bad thing to be like that! They make their own hair style and dress whatever they want. From my observation, Japanese boys are even better being themselves! I am amazed to see that boys can dress as complicated as girls and showing their own styles and features.

If Japanese really dress the same then Tokyo would not be the big fashion city in Asia. Japanese young people shares a big fashion trend but in the same time, they still keep their own features and not afraid of showing it. Sometimes I don’t agree with somebody’s taste, but I still respect their courage of being themselves. And that’s what I found really cool about Japan within young generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment