Thursday, January 20, 2011

Japanese Technology (Lin Te Kuan)


      Japan is a country which has strong economic, state-of-the-art technology and high GDP. In other words, Japan is a highly developed country. But more than that, Japan are well-known as a country has a lot of innovative inventions and technology. Before coming Japan, I’ve always looked forward to seeing Japanese technology. Now I would like share some most amazing things which totally blew my mind.
    The first thing is the machines that cook ramen. My first time eating ramen is in shop that near Shinjuku station. The shop is traditional type and not big. I sat in the middle of the counter where the customers eat ramen. I saw that the cook threw noodle in the hard iron net and pushed a button. Then the machine went down to the boiling water electronically. Then when the noodle is ready, the machines went up, and then the cook put the noodle in the bowl with soup and other things and gave it to me. I thought it was a great invention. In Taiwan we also have a lot of traditional noodle shops. One of my friend’s parents owning one noodle shop. She told me that in order to cook noodle, her parents’ wrists were both hurt. Because cooking noodle needs cook to check and shake the hard iron net. It’s just the matter of time that wrist hurts. So I hope some people can bring this invention to Taiwan too!
      The second thing is cell phone. When I was little, I had already heard that Japanese cell phones have highly developed technology which allows them to watch weather reports be cell phones. I was really eager to see Japanese cell phone because in that time the cell phones in my country were still black and white! So after I came to Japan, I bought the Japanese cell phone instead of iPhone. Japanese cell phones generally are big, elegant and have beautiful colors. I can surf the net, watching televisions, shop and even use GPS by my cell phone. But what was the most memorable is earthquake warning! When I was having my statistics class, a lot of cell phones, including mine but no iPhones, rang loudly. We were all stoned (because most of us are international students who just came to Japan for not long time.) Then we checked our cell phones and saw that there was an earthquake near Tokyo and warned us there might be a earthquake in a few minutes. I was really surprised, what a great invention it is! Taiwan is also a sea island which has a lot of earthquakes. In the recent 20 years, the most sever one is the 921 earthquake. After 921, many people were afraid to sleep and ran out of the houses as soon as possible if there is any small shake. I believe if we have this technology, we can make more people feel less worried and there might be less damage when earthquakes come. So I also love it!
      There are a lot of technologies that Japanese might not aware of at all, but as foreigners, I can find out a lot of small but useful things in Japan. I will never be tired of finding them because they are all so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment